Sun has joined OceanFirst Bank
Together we'll bring you an even stronger community bank.
Sun officially became part of OceanFirst Bank N.A. on January 31, 2018. For now, Sun will operate as a division of OceanFirst Bank. We plan to complete the full integration of accounts, services and branch networks under the OceanFirst name over the weekend of June 8-10, 2018; more detailed information will be mailed in the coming months. Until then, Sun will operate just as it does today, so please continue banking as usual at your local branch.
- You can still use your checks, deposit slips, and debit card
- Online Banking, direct deposit, and other services will continue
- Monthly loan payments should still be sent to Sun as scheduled
- You can continue to perform all deposits, withdrawals, and other transactions at Sun branches
OceanFirst and Sun already have so much in common. We’re both New Jersey-based banks with local roots and a tradition of helpful, attentive service. We also share a commitment to the families, businesses and communities that call New Jersey home.
In June, we’ll be adding a number of OceanFirst branches, so you’ll gain the benefits of even more locations and banking conveniences, while remaining part of a community bank.
Answers To Your Questions
Who is OceanFirst Bank?
Founded in 1902 and headquartered in Ocean County, OceanFirst has 46 branches across seven counties in New Jersey, including former Cape Bank and Ocean City Home branches recently fully transitioned to OceanFirst Bank – and that number will grow as we integrate branch locations from Sun into our network. We offer a full range of banking services to meet your personal and business needs, and we help you take advantage of the latest innovations that make banking more convenient. Customers are like family to us, and your towns are our towns. At OceanFirst, we look forward to being your trusted bankers and good neighbors.
How will joining OceanFirst be an advantage for me?
Once we combine our banking operations in June 2018, you can look forward to:
- An expanded network of banking locations that will offer greater coverage and convenience in Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, and Gloucester counties as well as Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, and Somerset counties
- More choices in accounts and services, including customized solutions to manage wealth and plan for retirement
- A debit card rewards program for your everyday purchases, with a choice of great redemption options
- Greater financial strength to meet the borrowing needs of individuals, families and businesses
- More loan options for customers, including residential mortgages and home equity loans
- Conveniences like enhanced ATMs, along with a mobile banking platform that supports all the latest devices – even smart watches
I like that Sun supports local causes. Does OceanFirst do the same?
Absolutely. You’ll find that we give back to the neighbors we serve in every community we touch. Through the OceanFirst Foundation, a private charitable organization, we have provided more than $30 million in grants to nonprofit organizations in areas such as housing, health and wellness, youth development and the arts. Read about it at www.oceanfirstfdn.org
How do I know you'll still keep a focus on the communities that Sun served?
When we began our recent expansions, we created an executive position to do just that and appointed two Regional Presidents - Vincent D'Alessandro (Southern, NJ) and George Destafney (Central, NJ). One of their main priorities is to preserve the local expertise and local decision-making that you have every right to expect from OceanFirst, your community bank.
I have accounts at both Sun and OceanFirst Bank. Do I need to do anything different?
No. Your accounts will continue to be independent of one another until we complete the integration in June, and will still appear on the same statements you receive now. What’s more, your accounts at both banks will continue to be FDIC-insured separately until July 31, 2018 (and even longer for many CDs). So even if your combined deposit balances add up to more than $250,000 (the current maximum coverage amount per ownership category at one bank), you have plenty of time to make adjustments that can preserve your ongoing FDIC insurance coverage. Just stop by your local branch sometime over the next few months to discuss your options with one of our bankers.
Visit your local Sun branch or call the customer service area at 1(800)786-9066
We appreciate your business and thank you for banking with us!
Read the Press Release - June 30, 2017