Make the Switch
OceanFirst Bank makes switching easy with 4 simple steps
1. Open your OFB account.
This can be done quick and easy online. You can begin using your New OFB Account immediately
2. Using the Transaction Checklist, log all your current accounts, direct deposits and any automatic payments.
3. Using the Authorization Forms, begin changing all your direct deposits and automatic payments to your new OFB account.
While most direct deposit or automatic payments can be changed online or by phone, paper change forms are also included in this kit for your convenience.
4. Close your former accounts.
After all your checks have cleared, your direct deposits and automatic payments begin posting to your new OceanFirst Bank account, complete and send the Request to Close Account(s) form to your former bank. We will be happy to assist you with completing and sending this form. Some institutions may require additional information.
- Remember to securely dispose of (shred) your remaining inventory of unused checks and deposit slips and destroy your ATM and debit cards. This will help reduce the risk of accidental use of your old account.
- Be sure to have the following information on hand when adding payees within Online Banking as these following fields are typically required: biller name, billing address, phone number, and your account number as it appears on your bill.
Do you use OFB Online Bill Pay? The checklist also includes a helpful reference chart that explains the timing for online bill payment processing.