ONLINE BANKING AND ONLINE BILL PAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Online Banking provides secure access to OceanFirst accounts including balances, transaction histories and bill payment service (optional). Use this convenient service to transfer funds between your OceanFirst accounts, pay bills (optional), create custom reports, download information to financial management software such as QuickBooks and Quicken, and the email notification system allows you to trigger an email or text to be sent from the Bank to you whenever certain criteria for an account are met.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
ONLINE TRANSACTION HOURS OF BUSINESS
If applicable, I AUTHORIZE OceanFirst Bank to post payment transactions generated by OceanFirst Bank's Online Bill Pay Service to the OceanFirst account(s) indicated on the form being sent electronically. If at any time I decide to discontinue service, I will provide written notification to OceanFirst Bank. My use of OceanFirst Bank's Online Bill Pay Service signifies that I have read and accepted all terms and conditions of the Online Banking and Bill Pay Service.
I UNDERSTAND that payments may take up to 10 business days to reach the vendor and that they will be sent either electronically or by check. OceanFirst Bank is not liable for any service fees or late charges levied against me by a vendor. I also understand that I am responsible for any loss or penalty that I may incur due to lack of sufficient funds or other conditions that may prevent the withdrawal of funds from my account. I also understand that OceanFirst Bank or its processor may need to disclose non-public financial information about me (such as my Social Security or Taxpayer Identification number) in order to resolve payment-processing issues.
I AGREE not to allow anyone to gain access to the Online Banking or Bill Pay Service or to let anyone know my Password used with the Online Banking or Bill Pay Service. If I allow anyone to access my accounts through the Online Banking or Bill Pay Service, I assume full responsibility and liability for all transactions undertaken by them and any person acting in concert with any such individual, whether or not I authorize the transactions, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Bank for any and all such transactions undertaken.
By the use of this Web site you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of any New Jersey Court or any Federal Court sitting within New Jersey over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of the use of this Web site. The laws of the State of New Jersey will govern with respect to any suit, action or proceeding arising out of the use of this Web site.
This User Agreement contains the terms and conditions for your use of digital money management tools and services that we may provide to you and that involve accessing third party account information ("Services"). Hereinafter, "you" or "your" means the end user of the Services ("User") and "us," "we," "our," or "Financial Institution" refers to the financial institution who provides User access to the Services. Digital Insight Corporation, NCR Corporation (parent of Digital Insight), and MX Technologies, Inc. (collectively, the "Providers") are intended third party beneficiaries of this User Agreement and are entitled to enforce its terms.
(i) User will follow the standard operating procedures, including without limitation security procedures, with respect to use of the Services.
(ii) User agrees to allow Digital Insight Corporation, its successors and assigns, and its and their third party services providers access and use of such Users data, including Aggregated Data and Nonpublic Personal Information, as necessary for the provision of the Services. As used herein "Aggregated Data" means User Data and information that has been stripped of all personally identifiable information. "User Data" for purposes of this definition, means User account information, account access information and registration information as provided by Users. Nonpublic Personal Information means information concerning Users and their past or present accounts; information falling within the definition of "nonpublic personal information" or "personally identifiable financial information" under Regulation P, 12 C.F.R. 216, or under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, 15 U.S.C. 6801 et seq.; or information otherwise considered privileged, confidential, private, nonpublic or personal and/or given protected status under any federal or state law.
(iii) Financial Institution has no liability to User or other third parties relating to any delays, inaccuracies or incomplete Services caused by the failure of Financial Institution to properly or timely meet its obligations or requirements in connection with the Services.
(iii) User shall determine and be responsible for the completeness, authenticity and accuracy of all such information submitted to the Services.
2. Provide Accurate Information. You represent and agree that all information you provide to us in connection with the Services is accurate, current, and complete. You agree not to misrepresent your identity or account information. You agree to keep account information secure, up to date and accurate. You represent that you are a legal owner, or an authorized user, of the accounts at third party sites which you include or access through the Services, and that you have the authority to (i) designate us and our service providers as your agent, (ii) use the Services, and (iii) give us and our service providers the passwords, usernames, and all other information you provide.
3. Content You Provide. Your use of the Services is your authorization for Financial Institution or its service providers, as your agent, to access third party sites which you designate in order to retrieve information. You are licensing to Financial Institution and its service providers any information, data, passwords, usernames, PINS, personally identifiable information or other content you provide through the Services. You authorize us or our service providers to use any information, data, passwords, usernames, PINS, personally identifiable information or other content you provide through the Services or that we or our service providers retrieve on your behalf for purposes of providing the Services, to offer products and services, and for other permissible business purposes. Except as otherwise provided herein, we or our service provider may store, use, change, or display such information or create new content using such information.
4. Power of Attorney. You grant Financial Institution and its service providers a limited power of attorney as provided below to access information at third party sites on your behalf. Third party sites shall be entitled to rely on the authorizations, agency, and the power of attorney granted by you or through your account. For all purposes hereof, you hereby grant Financial Institution and its service providers a limited power of attorney, and you hereby appoint them as your true and lawful attorney-in-fact and agent, with full power of substitution and re-substitution, in any and all capacities, to access third party sites to retrieve information, use such information, as described herein, with the full power and authority to do and perform each and every act and thing required and necessary to be done in connection with such activities, as fully to all intents and purposes as you might or could do in person. You understand and agree that the Services are sponsored or endorsed by any third party site. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WHEN FINANCIAL INSTITUTION OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS ACCESS AND RETRIEVE INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTY SITES, THEY ARE ACTING AS YOUR AGENT, AND NOT AS THE AGENT OR ON BEHALF OF THE THIRD PARTY SITES.
5. Third Party Accounts. With respect to any third party sites we may enable you to access through the Services or with respect to any non-Financial Institution accounts you include in the Services, you agree to the following:
6. Limitations of Services. When using the Services, you may incur technical or other difficulties. We nor our service providers are responsible for any technical or other difficulties or any resulting damages that you may incur. Any information displayed or provided as part of the Services is for informational purposes only, may not reflect your most recent transactions, and should not be relied on for transactional purposes. We and our service providers reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any or all of the Services at any time without prior notice.
7. Acceptance of User Agreement and Changes. Your use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of this User Agreement. This User Agreement is subject to change from time to time. We will notify you of any material change via e-mail or on our website by providing a link to the revised User Agreement. Your continued use will indicate your acceptance of the revised User Agreement. The licenses, user obligations, and authorizations described herein are ongoing.
8. Aggregated Data. Anonymous, aggregate information, comprising financial account balances, other financial account data, or other available data that is collected through your use of the Services, may be used by us and our service providers, including their affiliates, to conduct certain analytical research, performance tracking, marketing and marketing program activities, and benchmarking. Our service providers may publish summary or aggregate results relating to metrics comprised of research data, from time to time, and distribute or license such anonymous, aggregated research data for any purpose, including but not limited to, helping to improve products and services and assisting in troubleshooting and technical support. Your personally identifiable information will not be shared with or sold to third parties. Notwithstanding any other provision of this User Agreement, use of data collected through your use of the Services for marketing and marketing program activities may include targeted marketing, meaning that specific marketing activities may be directed to a group of users, where each user meets certain pre- defined categories or characteristics. For example, a targeting marketing activity may issue a display ad for a group of users, where each user is identified as having an open credit card account through a financial institution.
9. Ownership. You agree that Financial Institution and its service providers, as applicable, retain all ownership and proprietary rights in the Services, associated content, technology, mobile applications and websites.
10. User Conduct. You agree not to use the Services or the content or information delivered through the Services in any way that would: (a) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items, including but not limited to use of the Services to impersonate another person or entity; (b) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); (c) create liability for Financial Institutions or its service provider or cause Financial Institution to lose the services of our service providers; (d) access the information and content programmatically by macro or other automated means;
(e) use the Services in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to computer systems.
11. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Financial Institution, its third party services providers and their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all third party claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including settlement amounts and reasonable attorneys fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Services, your violation of these terms or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of anyone.
12. Disclaimer. The Services are not intended to provide legal, tax or financial advice. The Services, or certain portions and/or functionalities thereof, are provided as strictly educational in nature and are provided with the understanding that neither Financial Institutions nor its third party providers are engaged in rendering accounting, investment, tax, legal, or other professional services. If legal or other professional advice including financial, is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought. Financial Institution and its third party providers specifically disclaim any liability, loss, or risk which is incurred as consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the content on this site. Further, Financial Institution and its third party providers are not responsible for any investment decisions or any damages or other losses resulting from decisions that arise in any way from the use of Services or any materials or information accessible through it. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Financial Institution and its third party providers do not warrant that the Services comply with the requirements of the FINRA or those of any other organization anywhere in the world.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE, AND OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGMENT. WE, AND OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS, MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES (i) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESOPNSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIALS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM FINANCIAL INSTITITION OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
14. Other Items. You may not assign this User Agreement. A determination that any provision of this User Agreement is unenforceable or invalid shall not render any other provision of this User Agreement unenforceable or invalid.
Purchase Rewards Offers -- End User License Agreement
In addition to the above content, if you decide to use the Purchase Rewards Offers application, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions of service.
LICENSE GRANT AND RESTRICTIONS. You are granted a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, to electronically access and use the purchase rewards application ("Purchase Rewards Offers") to benefit from your debit card purchases.
In addition to the Purchase Rewards Offers, the terms "Service" and "Purchase Rewards Offers" also include any other programs, tools, internet-based services, components and any "updates" (for example, Service maintenance, Purchase Rewards information, help content, bug fixes, or maintenance releases, etc.) of the Purchase Rewards Offers if and when they are made available to you by us or by our third party vendors. Certain Purchase Rewards Offers may be accompanied by, and will be subject to, additional terms and conditions.
You are not licensed or permitted to do any of the following and you may not allow any third party to do any of the following: (i) access or attempt to access any other systems, programs or data that are not made available for public use; (ii) copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, resell or distribute in any way the material from the Purchase Rewards Offers program; (iii) permit any third party to benefit from the use or functionality of the Purchase Rewards Offers, or any other services provided in connection with them, via a rental, lease, timesharing, service bureau, or other arrangement; (iv) transfer any of the rights granted to you under this license; (v) work around any technical limitations in the Service, use any tool to enable features or functionalities that are otherwise disabled in the Service, or decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reverse engineer the Service except as otherwise permitted by applicable law; (vi) perform or attempt to perform any actions that would interfere with the proper working of the Service or Purchase Rewards Offers or any services provided in connection with them, prevent access to or the use of the Service, Purchase Rewards Offers or any or services provided in connection with them by other licensees or customers, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure while using the Service; or (vii) otherwise use the Service, Purchase Rewards Offers or any services provided in connection with them except as expressly allowed under this Section 1.
OWNERSHIP. The Service and Purchase Rewards Offers are protected by copyright, trade secret and other intellectual property laws. You do not have any rights to the trademarks or service marks.
YOUR INFORMATION AND ACCOUNT DATA WITH US. You are responsible for (i) maintaining the confidentiality and security of your access number(s), password(s), security question(s) and answer(s), account number(s), login information, and any other security or access information, used by you to access the Service, Purchase Rewards Offers or any services provided in connection with them, and your accounts with us (collectively, "Licensee Access Information"), and (ii) preventing unauthorized access to or use of the information, files or data that you store or use in or with the Service, Purchase Rewards Offers or any services provided in connection with them (collectively, "Account Data"). You are responsible for providing access and assigning passwords to other users, if any, under your account for the Service, Purchase Rewards Offers or any services provided in connection with them, and ensuring that such authorized users comply with this Agreement. You will be responsible for all electronic communications, including account registration and other account holder information, email and financial, accounting and other data ("Communications") entered using the Licensee Access Information. It is assumed that any Communications received through use of the Licensee Access Information were sent or authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of any Licensee Access Information. We reserve the right to deny you access to the Service, Purchase Rewards Offers or any services provided in connection with them (or any part thereof) if we reasonably believe that any loss, theft or unauthorized use of Licensee Access Information has occurred. You must inform us of, and hereby grant to us and our third party vendors permission to use, Licensee Access Information to enable us to provide the Service, Purchase Rewards Offers or any services provided in connection with them to you, including updating and maintaining Account Data, addressing errors or service interruptions, and to enhance the types of data and services we may provide to you in the future.
We may use anonymous, aggregate information, which we collect and store, or which is collected and stored on our behalf by third party vendors, to conduct certain analytical research and help us to create new offerings and services for our customers. As we make additional offerings and online banking services available to you, some of which may rely on banking information maintained in your accounts, you will have the opportunity to participate in the services if you choose. If you choose not to participate, you do not need to notify us. We may also use anonymous, aggregate information which we collect and store, or which is collected and stored on our behalf by third party vendors, to (i) conduct database marketing and marketing program execution activities; (ii) publish summary or aggregate results relating to metrics comprised of research data from time to time; and (iii) distribute or license such aggregated research data to third parties. Additionally, automated technology may be used to tailor messages or advertisements that best reflect your interest and needs.
YOUR INFORMATION AND ACCOUNT DATA WITH OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS. Our financial management tools allow you to view accounts that you may have outside our financial institution (this is a process called "aggregation"). When you choose to use online financial services which are applicable to data that you have transacted with other financial institutions or card issuers, you are consenting to us accessing and aggregating your data from those outside financial institutions. That data includes your financial institution account access number(s), password(s), security question(s) and answer(s), account number(s), login information, and any other security or access information used to access your account(s) with other financial institutions, and the actual data in your account(s) with such financial institution(s) such as account balances, debits and deposits (collectively, "Financial Account Data"). In giving that consent, you are agreeing that we, or a third party vendor on our behalf, may use, copy and retain all non-personally identifiable information of yours for the following purposes: (i) as pertains to the use, function, or performance of the services which you have selected; (ii) as necessary or useful in helping us, or third parties on our behalf, to diagnose or correct errors, problems, or defects in the services you have selected; (iii) for measuring downloads, acceptance, or use of the services you have selected; (iv) for the security or protection of the services you have selected; (v) for the evaluation, introduction, implementation, or testing of the services you have selected, or their upgrade, improvement or enhancement; (vi) to assist us in performing our obligations to you in providing the services you have selected.
If we make additional online financial services available to you which are applicable to data that you have transacted with other financial institutions or card issuers, and which we will aggregate at this site, we will separately ask for your consent to collect and use that information to provide you with relevant offers and services. If you give us your consent, you will be agreeing to permit us to use Financial Account Data to help us suggest savings opportunities or additional products and services to you.
If you select services that are offered by third parties or merchants through such offers or on our behalf, you will be agreeing that we have your consent to give such third parties or merchants your geographic location, and other data, collected and stored in aggregate, as necessary for such third parties or merchants to make their offerings and services available to you and to permit us to use Financial Account Data to help us suggest savings opportunities or additional products and services to you. Except as specified here, we and the third parties or merchants acting on our behalf shall not use or keep any of your personally identifiable information.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES. In connection with your use of the Service, Purchase Rewards Offers, or any other services provided in connection with them, you may be made aware of services, products, offers and promotions provided by third parties, ("Third Party Services"). If you decide to use Third Party Services, you are responsible for reviewing and understanding the terms and conditions governing any Third Party Services. You agree that the third party is responsible for the performance of the Third Party Services.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Service may contain or reference links to websites operated by third parties ("Third Party Websites"). These links are provided as a convenience only. Such Third Party Websites are not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any Third Party Website or any link contained in a Third Party Website. We do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third Party Websites, and the inclusion of any link in the Service, Purchase Rewards Offers or any other services provided in connection with them is not and does not imply an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, approval, investigation, verification or monitoring by us of any information contained in any Third Party Website. In no event will we be responsible for the information contained in such Third Party Website or for your use of or inability to use such website. Access to any Third Party Website is at your own risk, and you acknowledge and understand that linked Third Party Websites may contain terms and privacy policies that are different from ours. We are not responsible for such provisions, and expressly disclaim any liability for them.
EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Service may contain or use software that is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR, Chapter VII) and that you will comply with these regulations. You will not export or re-export the Service, directly or indirectly, to: (1) any countries that are subject to US export restrictions; (2) any end user who has been prohibited from participating in US export transactions by any federal agency of the US government; or (3) any end user who you know or have reason to know will utilize them in the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You further acknowledge that this product may include technical data subject to export and re-export restrictions imposed by US law.
PURCHASE REWARDS OFFERS. If you decide you wish to participate in the Purchase Rewards Offers application, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions of service.
Purchase Rewards. You will earn rewards for your participation in the Purchase Rewards Offers program based on total purchases. If you participate in the Purchase Rewards Offers, we will credit all cash or point rewards earned to your rewards balance and send you a lump sum of all rewards due to you. For any qualifying purchases during the current month, we will distribute the lump sum amount to you during the following calendar month. For example, if the payment date of all rewards end user disbursements is August 30, the applicable Measurement Period would be the calendar month ended July 31. Cash rewards will be deposited in the Purchase Rewards Offers deposit account which is associated with the Purchase Rewards Offers program.
Purchase Rewards Offers Account. You must use the debit card associated with the Purchase Rewards Offers account in order to receive the offers which qualify for the rewards. Rewards will not be earned for any portion of your purchase that you pay for with store credit, gift certificates or other payment types.
Purchases must be made as indicated in the offers made available under the Purchase Rewards Offers program. Each offer will specify whether the purchase can be made online, at a store location, or by telephone to be eligible for rewards. You must also comply with any guidelines included with the offer, such as offer expiration dates, minimum purchase amounts, purchase limits, etc. You must also pay using the debit card associated with the account that received the Purchase Rewards offer in order for the purchase to qualify.
While we and the merchants work hard to properly track and credit all eligible purchases, there may be times that we are unable to do so because of problems with your internet browser, the merchant's web site or our system. Please contact our support team if you believe you have made a qualifying purchase for which you did not receive Rewards.
Please note that you will not earn rewards as part of this program if you use a debit card not issued by us or do not have the designated deposit account opened with us at the time of disbursement.
You understand and agree that we make no warranties and have no liability as to:
THE ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER ACT
We are pleased to inform you that we have the ability to honor electronic deposits, withdrawals and transfers from many types of accounts. One of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to assist you with this service. Under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, it is our responsibility to disclose the following information to you.
(a) Consumer Liability. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card has been lost or stolen or if you believe that an electronic funds transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card or code, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card without your permission.
If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, including those made by card, code or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
(b) Contact in event of unauthorized transfer. If you believe your card has been lost or stolen or that a transfer has been made using the information from your check without your permission, call us at: (732) 240-4500, Extension 7710, or write to us at: OceanFirst Bank, 975 Hooper Ave., P.O. Box 2009, Toms River, NJ 08753, Attn: Deposit Operations.
(c) Business days. For purposes of these disclosures, our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
(d) Transfer types and limitations
(1) Account access. You may use your card to:
(i) Withdraw cash from your checking or savings account.
(ii) Make deposits to your checking or savings account.
(iii) Transfer funds between your checking and savings accounts whenever you request.
(iv) Pay for purchases at places that have agreed to accept the card.
(v) Pay bills directly from your checking account in the amounts and on the days you request.
Some of these services may not be available at all terminals.
(2) Electronic check conversion. You may authorize a merchant or other payee to make a one-time electronic payment from your checking account, using information from your check to:
(i) Pay for purchases, and
(ii) Pay bills.
(3) Online Banking and Mobile transfers
(4) Limitations on frequency and dollar amount of transfers. For security reasons, there are limits on the number and dollar amount of transactions you can make using our terminals and point-of-sale transfer service.
(e) Fees - Please refer to the BankÕs Fee Schedule for the annual fee associated with your Visa Check Card and monthly fees associated with Bill Pay services. These fees will be automatically deducted from your account. By signing the application for a Visa Check Card or signing up for Bill Pay services, you agree to pay any applicable fees.
(f) Confidentiality. We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
(1) Where it is necessary for completing transfers, or
(2) In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant, or
(3) In order to comply with government agency or court orders, or
(4) If you give us your written permission.
(1) Terminal transfers. You can get a receipt at the time you make any transfer to or from your account using one of our automated teller machines or point-of-sale terminals.
(2) Preauthorized credits. If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company, the person or company making the deposit will tell you every time they send us the money. You can also call us at (732) 240-4500, ext. 7710, to find out whether or not the deposit has been made.
(3) Periodic statements. You will get a monthly account statement on your checking or statement savings account.
(4) Passbook account where the only possible electronic fund transfers are preauthorized credits. If you bring your passbook to us, we will record any electronic deposits that were made to your account since the last time you brought in your passbook.
(h) Preauthorized payment
(1) Right to stop payment and procedure for doing so. If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Here's how:
Call us at (732) 240-4500, ext. 7710, or write us at 975 Hooper Ave., Toms River, NJ, 08753, Attn: Deposit Operations, in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. (We will charge you the fee set forth in the BankÕs current Fee Schedule for each stop-payment order you give.)
(2) Notice of varying amounts. If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set.)
(3) Liability for failure to stop payment of preauthorized transfer. If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
(i) Financial institution's liability. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
(1) If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
(2) If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line.
(3) If the automated teller machine where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash.
(4) If the automated teller machine was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
(5) If circumstances beyond our control (such as a fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
(6) There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
(j) ATM fees. When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer).
(k) Error Resolution Notice. In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers Telephone us at (732) 240-4500, extension 7710, or write us at 975 Hooper Ave., Toms River, NJ, 08753, Attn: Deposit Operations, or E-mail us at www.oceanfirst.com as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
(1) Tell us your name and account number (if any).
(2) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
(3) Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
(l) VISA Check Card. If you have a Visa Check Card, please refer to the additional disclosure provided with your Check Card for specific rights and responsibilities pertaining to the Check Card.