OceanFirst Security StatementOceanFirst values the confidentiality and security of your assets and personal information. Accordingly, we have created systems that address security concerns from every angle to protect you and your confidentiality.
- Multi-Factor User Authentication to prevent unauthorized attempts to login to Online Banking
- Secure communications between you (your browser) and our Online Banking servers
- Secure environment in which the Online Banking servers and customer information database reside
OceanFirst employs multi-factor authentication to ensure user authorization. Your User ID and confidential Password, as well as information stored on your computer, protect against others accessing your Online Banking and Bill Pay accounts.
- Your User ID serves to identify you and your account relationship with OceanFirst.
- Enhanced authentication with one-time access code delivered by text, call or email.
- Your Password serves to authenticate your identity.
- A browser-based Secure Cookie with an individualized credential (ID) is stored as a second factor of authentication, in addition to your User ID and Password, when you enroll the computer(s) you regularly use to conduct Online Banking activities.
Login attempts are constantly monitored. We will allow you to enter your Password only a limited number of times. Too many incorrect passwords will result in the locking of your Online account until you call us to reactivate. Challenge questions are presented if the computer being used is not recognized. As an added safeguard, Online Banking access "times out" after a specified period of inactivity.
The security of communications between you (your browser) and our servers is ensured via encryption.
- Encryption scrambles messages exchanged between your browser and our Online Banking servers.
- When you visit the Online Banking sign-on page a secure session is established using a protocol called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Encryption.
- The SSL protocol requires the exchange of what are called public and private keys. Keys are random numbers, much like numbers on a combination lock, chosen for that session and known only between your browser and our server. Once keys are exchanged, your browser will use the numbers to scramble (encrypt) the messages sent between your browser and our server. Both sides require keys in order to descramble (decrypt) messages received.
- For your protection, OceanFirst's Online Banking application requires your browser to connect at 128-bit encryption. You will need a browser that supports this level of encryption to access Online Banking functions.
The network is structured so that the computers storing your actual account information are not linked directly to the Internet. This configuration isolates the publicly accessible Web servers from the data stored on our Online Banking servers and ensures only authorized requests are processed.
- Transactions initiated through the Internet are received by our Web servers.
- These Web servers route your transaction through firewall servers.
- Firewall servers act as a traffic cop between segments of our Online Banking network used to store information, and the public Internet.
Various access control mechanisms, including intrusion detection and anti-virus, monitor for and protect our systems from potential malicious activity. Additionally, our Online Banking servers are fault-tolerant, and provide for uninterruptible access, even in the event of various types of failures.
- Don't share your User ID or Password with anyone
- Periodically change your Password
- Select a Password that is hard for others to guess, but easy for you to remember (use a Password containing something other than birthday, anniversary, social security number, phone number, pet's name or your address)
- Don't leave your computer while in the middle of an Online Banking or Online Bill Pay session
- Always sign off (log out) when you have completed your Online Banking or Online Bill Pay session
- Eliminate cached pages before leaving a shared or public computer
If you are a registered Online Banking user and have forgotten your Password or User ID, or think your Online Banking Password has been compromised, call OceanFirst Retail Customer Services at 1-888-OCEAN33, ext. 7710.
- Only install software from trusted sources and known origins. Software sent via email is particularly dangerous as viruses are often transmitted via email.
- Download Trusteer Rapport - free fraud protection software provided by OceanFirst Bank.
- Install and maintain Antivirus and Anti-Spyware software on your computer.
- Update browser software to benefit from the latest security protections.
- Pay attention to warning messages presented through your browser. Browser warning messages may indicate a security threat.
- Use caution when reviewing privacy policies and acceptance terms for online products and services.
Protect yourself from security attacks, including identity theft, by following these important tips:
- Do monitor your accounts regularly and report any suspicious activity to us immediately
- Do ensure you are connected with our site before entering your password
- Do call us and your mobile carrier to report any lost or stolen devices, or if you change your phone number
- Do use the power-on password feature, if available, on your mobile device
- Do password protect your mobile device and lock it when you're not using it
- Do bookmark www.oceanfirst.com to avoid mistyping
- Do add our short code to your device's contact list with a distinctive name, to recognize any incoming messages are from us and not spoofed
- Do log out completely when you complete a mobile banking session
- Do protect your phone from viruses and malware by installing mobile security software
- Do download the updates for your phone and mobile Apps
- Do use discretion when downloading various Apps
- Do use account nicknames in place of account numbers, but don't use any part of your account numbers in the nicknames
- Don't type sensitive information that others can see; be aware of your surroundings
- Don't use the auto log-in feature on your mobile device
- Don't share your log-in information
- Don't save confidential information on your mobile device
For more information about OceanFirst products and services, please e-mail us your questions, visit your local branch or give us a call at 1-888-OCEAN33.